Saturday 23 April 2016

A deer wanted to fail my driving school test.


Tom Lo, 17 years old
 Tom Lo felt joyous and overwhelmed as he passed the test despite the unfortunate incident. He would have been forgiven for thinking his chances of passing first time had taken a knock following the incident, but he kept his composure to complete the test.
The 17-year-old explained that he was just ten minutes into the test when the deer ran out in front of the car on a road near Colchester in Essex.


His examiner checked the car for damage and the teenager went on to pass the test with just two minor errors.
“I was picking up speed because it was a 60mph zone and all of a sudden I see a deer in front of me,” he told BBC Newsbeat. “So I hit my brake but unfortunately the deer was killed.”
He added: “I pulled over after the incident and my driving instructor had a look at the car and checked the deer.
“He said there was nothing we could do and that it wasn’t my fault, so I was told to continue my test.
“I was a bit shocked and I didn’t really know what to do. I tried to focus because I’d worked quite hard on my driving test.
“I tried to carry on driving to a high standard. At the end my driving examiner told me I’d passed and he had a word with my driving teacher to let him know what happened to the car.”


His driving instructor Robert Jezierski told the Daily Gazette: “He kept his composure and he did very well. He has only had 20 hours of lessons.
“We teach them the emergency stop as part of the curriculum that we cover but it is very rarely that they have to put it into practice.”



excerpt: telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment